Friday 27 March 2015

Bombay potatoes



I love a curry as I am sure you do too. A good curry can be made even better when complimented be a good side dish. One of the side dishes that I like to have is Bombay potato, Well I must admit I do love a mushroom bhajee  and I covered that recipe a few weeks back so I thought it was high time to give you guys the recipe for the old curry house favourite of Bombay potatoes. Its not hard and tastes far better than anything you can buy in a can. 

Ingredients



  • 1lb potatoes
  • 1 fl oz oil
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • ¼ tsp black mustard seeds
  • ½ tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp salt  
  • ½ tsp chilli powder (cayenne)
  • 4oz fresh tomatoes finely chopped
  • 5 fl oz water
  • A small amount of chopped fresh coriander 
 

Method 



1.   Peel potatoes and cut into 1” cubes

2.   Heat the oil to a high temperature in a large pan and add the cumin and mustard seeds. Leave to cook for a few seconds

3.   Add the potatoes, turmeric, salt, chilli powder and tomatoes. Stir continuously and cook for around five minutes.

4.   Add the water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes

5.   Place in a serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment